Luke Lau wins March blitz!
Friday 3 March, 2023
Our FIDE Blitz tournament had a new winner last night, as Luke Lau won the event
with 5½/6. Congratulations to him! It’s great to see this tournament won by a
Hendon member for a change!
The event was well attended, with 40 participants, which was great to see. It
was run by Lance Leslie-Smith in Adam’s absence; many thanks to him, and to all
who came along!
- 1: Lut Yin Luke Lau (5½/6)
- 2-3: Matthew O'Donnell, Supratit Banerjee (5/6)
- 4-5: Oliver E D Coddington, David Amior (4½/6)
- 6-10: Vikas Sajanani, AGM Ramos Javier Cabrera, Paul Chantrell, Lion Lebedev, Davi Diniz Afonso (4/6)
- 11-15: Sandy Storey, Nishchal Thatte, Mohammad Hossein Mozaffari, Christopher A Levy, Aram Swiatkowski (3½/6)
- 16-26: Francesco Sciaudone, Seho Lee, Orest Stus, Lior Yedid, Samuel Tombs, Beni Sisupalan, Kunal Ramchandani, Hao Ran Leung, Alex Baroukh, Polina Popovtseva, Amandus Tatschner (3/6)
- 27-28: Joshua Spybey, Andrew Medworth (2½/6)
- 29-35: Ezra Brass, Salvatore Pepe, Arthur Sacher, Dixena Shashank, Dominik Swiatkowski, Mark Hutchinson, Harry Lewis (2/6)
- 36: William Walshe (1½/6)
- 37-38: Faye Ainscow, Abhijeet Joshi (1/6)
- 39: Maximo Pollack (½/6)
- 40: Nasarullah Sheikh (0/1)
Full results available here.