Recent Blitz and Championship results
By Andrew Medworth, Hendon Club Captain
Saturday 8 July, 2023
Last Thursday, our monthly FIDE Blitz tournament was jointly won by Thomas Bonn
and Connor Clarke with 5/6. Congratulations to them!
In the Club Championship, Brendan O’Gorman and Jonathan Rubeck lead with 3½/4,
with two rounds remaining. There is a chasing pack of five players on 3/4: David
Amior, Mark Hutchinson, Lion Lebedev, Nick Murphy, and Davi Diniz Afonso.
You can keep up with the latest state of the Championship on chess-results
Here are the July blitz results in more detail.
- 1-2: Thomas Bonn, Connor Clarke (5/6)
- 3-6: David Amior, AIM Ethan Sanitt, Vikas Sajanani, AGM Javier Cabrera Ramos (4½/6)
- 7-10: Vishnu Kirupakaran, Jonathan Rubeck, Jonathan Clark, Anthony Bolchover (4/6)
- 11-18: Vinay Vekaria, Mohammad Hossein Mozaffari, Niall Clarke, Petr Limonov, Arran Jabbari, Diego Gregoire, Rock Yu, Siddarth Ramaraju (3½/6)
- 19-26: Hao Ran Leung, Sebouh Takvorian, Salvatore Pepe, Davi Diniz Afonso, Selvarattinam Genga Somupillai, Kunal Ramchandani, Stanley Jacobs, Caitano Demelo (3/6)
- 27-28: Lion Lebedev, Ceferino Gonzales (2½/6)
- 29-36: Jean-Claude Sartenaer, Rory Mclean, Zoe Veselow, Cheuk Kiu Leung, Faye Ainscow, Bahram Salehzehi, Rohan Theo Barbier-Ramaiah, Vladislav Kazantsev (2/6)
- 37-39: Arun Mahtani, Damien Sobolevski, Kestutis Gudovijus (1/6)
- 40: Riya Aude Barbier-Ramaiah (0/6)
Full results available here.