GM Cherniaev wins record-breaking September Blitz!
By Andrew Medworth, Hendon Club Captain
Tuesday 12 September, 2023
Last Thursday we hosted the first FIDE Blitz of the new season at the Cumberland
Club, and it was beyond a sell-out: with well over 50 players, we actually ran
out of clocks – something I don’t ever recall happening before! It looks like
we will need some more equipment!
The winner was GM Alexander Cherniaev, with 5½/6, who drew only with Stanley
Badacsonyi in the final round. Second place was shared by Stanley, FM Jonathan
Pein, Ila Iyengar, and Oscar Pollack; Oscar won the prize for top Hendon member.
Congratulations to them!
Many thanks to Adam Raoof and Jake Hung for organising!
- 1: GM Alexander Cherniaev (5½/6)
- 2-5: Stanley Badacsonyi, FM Jonathan Pein, Oscar Pollack, Ilya Iyengar (5/6)
- 6-7: Remy Rushbrooke, Timur Kuzhelev (4½/6)
- 8-17: Connor Clarke, AIM Ethan Sanitt, Vishnu Kirupakaran, Niall Clarke, Eric F Eedle, Ramin Tawab, Alexander Funk, Francesco Sciaudone, Davi Diniz Afonso, Alex Baroukh (4/6)
- 18-20: Frankie Badacsonyi, Alan Mokroussov, Hao Ran Leung (3½/6)
- 21-36: Gary Senior, Harry Bryant, Andrew Rogers, Tibo Rushbrooke, Domenico Napolitano, Sebouh Takvorian, Sotiris Papadakis, Paul Chantrell, Maxim Wenninger, Salvatore Pepe, Kamil Ozdemir, Brian Morris, Ruairi Isaacs, Gautam Sriram, Charles Randall, Joseph Cohen (3/6)
- 37-39: Jonathan Rubeck, Shanjit Trishad, Jonathan Rosen-Webb (2½/6)
- 40-49: Joseph Levene, Andrew Medworth, Maximo Pollack, Simon Holin, William Butterworth, Stanley Jacobs, Mark Mcwilliams, Abhijeet Joshi, Rohan Theo Barbier-Ramaiah, Oscar Wilkinson (2/6)
- 50: Kestutis Gudovijus (1½/6)
- 51-54: Jed Cohen, Toby Mcconnell, Damien Sobolevski, Nicholas Adams (1/6)
- 55-57: Riya Aude Barbier-Ramaiah, Arda Ismail, Joel Kamran (0/6)
Full results available here.