Stanley Badacsonyi wins May blitz!
Friday 19 May, 2023
Last night we held our May FIDE Blitz tournament at the Cumberland Club. The
event was won by Stanley Badacsonyi with 5½/6. Stanley conceded just one draw to
Nigerian FIDE Master Chukwunonso Oragwu, who took second place alongside
Mohammad Hossein Mozaffari with 5/6.
Congratulations Stanley for winning this tournament for the fourth time this
Top Hendon players were Lut Yin Luke Lau and Vikas Sajanani with 4½/6.
- 1: Stanley Badacsonyi (5½/6)
- 2-3: FM Chukwunonso Oragwu, Mohammad Hossein Mozaffari (5/6)
- 4-5: Lut Yin Luke Lau, Vikas Sajanani (4½/6)
- 6-9: Supratit Banerjee, Jonathan Rubeck, Philippe Gelin, Hao Ran Leung (4/6)
- 10-11: Ilya Iyengar, Gopakumar Siddharth (3½/6)
- 12-17: Branko Bijeljic, Gregory Mostyn, Wing Ki Kwong, Petr Limonov, Francesco Sciaudone, Aram Swiatkowski (3/6)
- 18-23: Kishan Pattni, Joshua Burnton, Lion Lebedev, Salvatore Pepe, Davi Diniz Afonso, Mark Hutchinson (2½/6)
- 24-27: AFM Wadhwa Prateek, Jonathan Clark, Andrejs Gorskovs, Vincent Wei (2/6)
- 28-29: Orest Stus, Latif Mulolli (1½/6)
- 30-33: Dominik Swiatkowski, Kestutis Gudovijus, James Jain-Lees, Andrew Medworth (1/6)
Full results available here.