GM Cherniaev wins March Rapid!
Friday 17 March, 2023
Last night we held our second FIDE Open Rapid tournament of the season! The
tournament was won by GM Alexander Cherniaev with 4½/5. Congratulations to him
– and well done Stanley Badacsonyi for holding him to a draw in Round 4!
Top Hendon players were Siddharth Gopakumar, Orest Stus and Davi Diniz Afonso
Thanks as always to Adam and Lance for organising!
- 1: GM Alexander Cherniaev (4½/5)
- 2-4: Stanley Badacsonyi, Ilya Iyengar, Vikas Sajanani (4/5)
- 5: Supratit Banerjee (3½/5)
- 6-12: Gopakumar Siddharth, Ashraf Hossain Mohammed, Mohammed Alahi, Joshua Burnton, Orest Stus, Farhad Taghiyev, Davi Diniz Afonso (3/5)
- 13: Jonathan Rubeck (2½/5)
- 14-20: Jean-Claude Sartenaer, Joshua Spybey, Salvatore Pepe, Lior Yedid, Martin Wylde, Lion Lebedev, Maximo Pollack (2/5)
- 21-22: Daniel Barnes, Caitano Demelo (1½/5)
- 23-26: Chris Rogal, Jonathan Rosen-Webb, Atticus Mawby, Zain Melwani (1/5)
- 27: Elise Yedid (½/5)
Full results available here.