Stanley Badacsonyi wins August Blitz!
By Andrew Medworth, Hendon Club Captain
Friday 4 August, 2023
Our final blitz tournament of the season was won by Stanley Badacsonyi with a
perfect score of 6/6! He defeated his main rating rival Connor Clarke in the
fourth round, ensuring that he won by a full point.
Stanley has entered seven of the twelve blitz tournaments we have held this
year, and won five of them, more wins than any other player. A very impressive
feat – congratulations to him!
Ethan Sanitt was top Hendon member with 4½/6.
Thanks to everyone who played, and to Adam Raoof for organising!
This concludes our 2022–23 programme. Next Thursday, 10th August, we are
holding our AGM (7:30pm start at the Cumberland Club), and then we will take a
break for the summer.
- 1: Stanley Badacsonyi (6/6)
- 2: Connor Clarke (5/6)
- 3-4: AIM Ethan Sanitt, AFM Jai Kothari (4½/6)
- 5-10: Ben Keohane, Gopakumar Siddharth, Gregory Mostyn, Anthony Bolchover, Mohammad Hossein Mozaffari, Davi Diniz Afonso (4/6)
- 11-12: Hao Ran Leung, Aditya Mittal (3½/6)
- 13-18: Alexander Funk, Domenico Napolitano, Chris Rogal, Salvatore Pepe, Andrew Medworth, Nicholas Kowalski Rubiales (3/6)
- 19-22: Ashraf Hossain Mohammed, Paul Chantrell, Brian Morris, Maximo Pollack (2½/6)
- 23-29: Volodymyr Mylovanov, Martin Wylde, Kunal Ramchandani, Giuseppe Joe Ramundo, Maya Saujani, Jon Haxhiu, Sundip Tailor (2/6)
- 30: Caitano De Melo (1½/6)
- 31: Jed Cohen (1/6)
Full results available here.