GM Cherniaev wins April Blitz!
Friday 14 April, 2023
Our April FIDE Blitz tournament was won by GM Alexander Cherniaev with a perfect
score of 6/6.
Congratulations to him, and also to second-placed Connor Clarke (5/6) and top
Hendon member Vikas Sajanani (4½/6).
Many thanks to Adam Raoof and Lance Leslie-Smith for running the tournament,
which continues to go from strength to strength!
- 1: GM Alexander Cherniaev (6/6)
- 2: Connor Clarke (5/6)
- 3-4: Ilya Iyengar, Vikas Sajanani (4½/6)
- 5-11: Anthony P Cullen, Oscar Pollack, AIM Ethan Sanitt, Gregory Mostyn, Nishchal Thatte, David Amior, Mohammad Hossein Mozaffari (4/6)
- 12-13: Ilia Malinovskii, Vikram Suresh (3½/6)
- 14-24: Sandy Storey, Branko Bijeljic, Niall Clarke, Philippe Gelin, Sam Peterson, Ruslan Mutafov, Lior Yedid, Orest Stus, Salvatore Pepe, Davi Diniz Afonso, Jonathan Clark (3/6)
- 25-28: Lion Lebedev, Tom Jordan, Andrew Medworth, Maximo Pollack (2½/6)
- 29-33: Francesco Sciaudone, Kunal Ramchandani, Jacob Cameron-Potter, Caitano Demelo, Kestutis Gudovijus (2/6)
- 34: Christopher Bourchier (1½/6)
- 35-38: Faye Ainscow, Elise Yedid, Chris Rogal, James Jain-Lees (1/6)
- 39: Lance Thorpe (0/6)
Full results available here.