Cherniaev tops February blitz
Thursday 3 February, 2011
GM Alexander Cherniaev made it 2 in a row, by winning our February Blitz
tournament with a perfect 6/6. Phil Makepeace and Michael Luberto were
runners-up with 5/6.
- 1: GM Alexander Cherniaev (6/6) Prize: £30
- 2-3: Phil Makepeace & Michael Luberto (5/6) Prize: £10 each
- 4-8: Martin Walker, Tomer Eden, Kishan Pattni, Eamonn O’Molloy, Shane McCabe (4/6) Prize: £5 each to Martin, Tomer and Kishan for top Hendon players
- 9-11: Rob Willmoth, Graeme Lennard, David Jones (3½/6)
- 12-19: Soheil Gain, Ade Alakija, Genga Somupillai, Salvatore Pepe, Bethnal Chambers, Luke Skarparis, Frank Sabin, Chris Rogal (3/6)
- 20: Mark Edwards (2½/6)
- 21-26: Faye Ainscow, Alvin Yu, Harry Woolman, John Cooper, Constantin Capra, Ray Pliskin (2/6)
- 27: Nick Goulbourne (1½/6)
- 28-29: Chris Skarparis, Tom Jordan (1/6)
30 players participated.
Mike Bennett scored 3/3 (filler in the kitchen!)