Peiris wins Election Night Blitz
Thursday 6 May, 2010
New Hendon member Gayan (aka TGM) Peiris won our May “Ballot Chess” Blitz with
5.5/6. Ionica Dragomir, Cristian Mures & Salvatore Pepe shared 2nd place.
Mini report by Adam
It looked like it might be a hung parliament, with three players fighting for
top spot in the final rounds.
But Gayan got the popular vote and won £20 with 5.5/6 beating Mures and Rogers
and drawing with Ionica.
- 1: Gayan (aka TGM) Peiris (5.5/6) Prize: £20
- 2-4: Ionica Dragomir, Cristian Mures, Salvatore Pepe (4.5/6) Prize: £5 each
- 5: Kishan Pattni (4/6)
- 6-9: Petr Limonov, Ivan Valigurskyy, Tim Rogers, Graeme Lennard (3.5/6)
- 10-13: Petr Vachtfeidl, Barry David, Pete Goldsmith, Shane McCabe (3/6)
- 14-16: Abboud, Faye Ainscow, Elena Bote (2.5/6)
- 17-20: Walter Lucidi, Ray Pliskin, Dylan Williams, Oditt (2/6)
- 21: Goulbourne, Nick (1.5/6)